Dimitri A. Sotiropoulos  is Associate Professor at the Department of Political Science and Public Administration of the University of Athens. He has studied law, sociology and political science at the Law School of the University of Athens (LLB), the London School of Economics (MSc) and Yale University (MA, M.Phil. and Ph.D., awarded with distinction, 1991). In 2003 he was Senior Research Fellow at the Hellenic Observatory of the London School of Economics and in 2009-2010 Visiting Fellow in South East European Studies at the Centre for European Studies, St. Antony’s College, Oxford. He serves on the editorial board of the academic journals South European Society and Politics, European Political Science Review and the Greek Review of Political Science. He has written or co-edited the following books in English:
· Populism and Bureaucracy; The Case of Greece under PASOK, monograph published with the Kellogg Institute, University of Notre Dame Press, London and Notre Dame, Indiana, 1996.
· Is South-Eastern Europe Doomed to Instability?, (co-edited with Thanos Veremis), London: Frank Cass , 2002
· Democracy and the State in the New Southern Europe (co-edited with Richard Gunther and P. Nikiforos Diamandouros), Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006.
· Αusterity and the Third Sector in Greece: Civil Society at the European Frontline, Farnham, Surrey: Ashgate, 2015 (with Jeniffer Clarke and Asteris Huliaras).
· (with D. Bourikos), “Economic Crisis, Social Solidarity and the Voluntary Sector in Greece”, Journal of Power, Politics & Governance, vol. 2, no. 2, 2014, pp. 33-53, available at http://jppgnet.com/journals/jppg/Vol_2_No_2_June_2014/3.pdf 
· (with Y. Tsirbas), “What Greek Political Elites Think about Europe and the Crisis”, GreSE paper no. 93, Hellenic Observatory, The London School of Economics and Political Science, July 2015, available athttp://www.lse.ac.uk/europeanInstitute/research/hellenicObservatory/CMS%20pdf/Publications/GreeSE/GreeSE-No93.pdf 
· “Southern European Governments and Public Bureaucracies in the Context of Economic Crisis”, European Journal of Social Security, no.2, 2015, pp. 226-245, available at http://www.ejss.eu/pdf_file/ITS/EJSS_17_02_0226.pdf