Ύδρα 2016 – Union, Disunion or Time for a Paradigm Shift?
You can find the programme here.
List Of Participants
You can find the list of participants here.
In the aftermath of the 2016 European Seminar, which took place in Hydra, Greek and international media published articles on the event. Several participants were also interviewed on ELIAMEP WEB TV.
- On 5 July 2016, Angelos Athanasopoulos published in To Vima newpaper an article on the future of Europe
- On 5 July 2016, Tony Barber published in Financial Times an article on the new challenge for the EU due to the crisis in the Italian banking sector (subscription required).
- Professor Claus Offe was interviewed on ELIAMEP Web TV.
- Dr Filippa Chatzistavrou, ‘Democracy, Hostage to the European Governance Crisis‘
- Dr Angeliki Dimitriadi, ‘Divided we stand, united we fall? European migration & asylum policies post crisis‘
- Dr Christos Triantopoulos, ‘Does monetary union remain dysfunctional, & if so, what are the chances for reform: The case of financial integration‘
The Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) and the European Policy Centre (EPC) organised as Policy Dialogue on ‘Union, disunion or time for a paradigm shift?, on Wednesday 13 July 2016 in Brussels . The event was inspired by discussions held during the 13th European Seminar involving participants from all over Europe, organised by ELIAMEP, in cooperation with the EPC on 30 June-3 July 2016.
Speakers were: Ms Elizabeth Collett (Founding Director, Migration Policy Institute Europe; Senior Advisor to MPI’s Transatlantic Council on Migration, Brussels), Dr Ruby Gropas (Team Leader, Social Affairs, European Political Strategy Centre, European Commission), Professor George Pagoulatos (Athens University of Economics and Business; Member of the Board of Directors, ELIAMEP) and Mr Janis A. Emmanouilidis (Director of Studies, European Policy Centre). Dr Giovanni Grevi (Senior Fellow, European Policy Centre) will moderate the discussion.
You can find here more information.