The position is full time, starting on March 1st 2010 for an initial period of one year, renewable.
ELIAMEP is looking for a Researcher specializing in the Balkan region. The researcher will contribute to the planning and implementation of new research programmes in his/her sector, as well as to the strengthening of cooperation with other research foundations. The researcher should also have the ability to convert academic theoretical knowledge into concrete policy proposals. The thematic emphasis will preferably lay on issues of regional collaboration in Southeastern Europe, the European vocation of countries in the region and the role Greece can play.
Candidates should fulfill the following qualifications:
· PhD; Applications from PhD candidates at the final stage of their research will be considered in special cases.
· Thorough knowledge of related bibliography and developments on the main issues of his/her sector of specialization
· Experience in conducting research and/or in project management is considered very important
· Ability to write academic reports and policy proposals, to coordinate working groups and to participate in international networks and conferences.
· Fluency in Greek and English written and oral. Knowledge of other regional languages would be an asset.
· Computer and internet literacy
· Greek nationality
· Age: up to 35 years
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS EXTENDED: February 19th , 2010
Applications should include curriculum vitae, samples of written work, a concise research plan proposal, a short motivation letter and the names of two referees.
Applications and requests for further information should be addressed to:
• firstname.lastname@example.org , or
• ELIAMEP, 49 Vasilissis Sofias, 106 76 Athens (To the attention of Ms. Nina Papaioannou)