The position is part time, starting on March 15st 2010, for an initial period of 6 months, renewable.
ELIAMEP is looking for a Researcher specializing in the Common Agricultural Policy and Rural Development. The researcher will contribute to the conduct of a research project initiated by ELIAMEP with the objective of evaluating the repercussions of policies financed by the EU budget on the Greek economy. The researcher should also have the ability to convert academic/theoretical knowledge into concrete policy proposals.
Τhe salary will depend upon the successful candidate’s qualifications.
Candidates should fulfill the following qualifications:
• MA in Agricultural Policy or a related field of study (EU studies, economics). PhD will be an asset. Advanced PhD students are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Fluency in written and oral Greek and English. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
• Computer and internet literacy, including knowledge of Excel software.
• Thorough knowledge of related bibliography and developments on the main issues of Agriculture.
• Experience in conducting research and/or in project management is considered very important.
• Ability to write academic reports and policy proposals.
• Fieldwork (i.e. collection of printed materials, bibliographical research, conduct of interviews, etc)
• Writing of academic reports
• Editing responsibilities
• Project management tasks support
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 28th, 2010
Applications should include curriculum vitae, samples of written work, a short motivation letter and the names of two referees.
Applications should be addressed to:
• email@example.com, or
• ELIAMEP, 49 Vasilissis Sofias, 106 76 Athens (To the attention of Ms. Nina Papaioannou)