Τhe Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) is inviting applications for one part-time Senior Research Fellow. The researcher will head ELIAMEP’s “Ariane Condellis European Programme”.
Fixed term, starting in June 2021. The position is offered for one (1) year with the possibility of extension for one or more additional year(s).
Will depend on seniority and expertise.
The Senior Fellow is expected to:
- Work with the Director General to develop the “Ariane Condellis European Programme” priorities, design and conduct policy-oriented research; publish policy papers/ policy briefs in the field of EU policies and institutions.
- Coordinate ELIAMEP’s projects and activities related to the Conference on the Future of Europe.
- Write articles for the press and other outlets.
- Participate in and develop external networks, and attend as a speaker conferences, workshops roundtable discussions in Greece and abroad.
- Identify sources of funding and contribute to the process of securing funds.
- Operate as research team leader.
- Participate in team meetings, publications and other ELIAMEP activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD degree in social sciences or humanities.
- The applicant should possess expertise in one or preferably more EU-related areas including: EU institutions; European Economic and Monetary Union; EU foreign, security and defense policy; migration; climate change; EU industrial policy, digital, and R&D policies.
- Demonstrated record of research achievement.
- High quality scholarly publications in related topics.
- Track record in preparing policy reports and/or producing research papers.
- Previous experience with EU research programmes is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in Greek and English.
The Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) is strongly committed to diversity within its community. ELIAMEP remains committed to equal opportunities in the evaluation and recruitment of its personnel, and it does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race or ethnic origin, religious and other convictions, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Applications should include a cover letter in English including a detailed statement of research interests, a CV, and the names and contact details of two potential referees. Please submit your application via email, titled “AC.EP_SRF” to: [email protected] before May 31st, 2021. Selected candidates will be invited to online interviews.
The processing of information collected through job applications takes place in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 679/2016 of the European Union. In particular, personal data is subject to lawful processing in a transparent manner. The data are collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and are not processed in any way incompatible with the original purposes. By providing personal information, such as the “first and last name” and “email”, you agree and consent to the use and disclosure with the aim of receiving information about ELIAMEP’s activities.