Τhe Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) is inviting applications for one full-time Post-Doctoral Researcher to join ELIAMEP’s “Ariane Condellis European Programme”.
Fixed term, starting in June 2021. The position is offered for one (1) year with the possibility of extension for one or more additional year(s).
Will depend on seniority and expertise.
The researcher is expected to:
- Work with the Head of the “Ariane Condellis Europen Programme” and the Director General to develop and design the programme’s priorities for the next academic year.
- Assist in the management of ELIAMEP’s projects and activities related to the Conference on the Future of Europe.
- Conduct policy-oriented research; publish policy papers/ policy briefs in the field of EU policies and institutions.
- Write or contribute to publications or disseminate research findings using media appropriate to the discipline.
- Write articles for the press and other outlets.
- Participate in team meetings, publications and other ELIAMEP activities.
- Supervise the programme’s interns.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD degree in social sciences or humanities (PhD candidates defending within the fall semester of the academic year 2021-2022 will also be considered).
- The applicant should possess expertise in one or preferably more EU-related areas including: EU institutions; European Economic and Monetary Union; EU foreign, security and defense policy; migration; climate change; EU industrial policy, digital, and R&D policies.
- Track record in preparation of policy reports.
- Aptitude for project management. Experience in managing research budgets is desired.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong organisational and writing skills. Previous experience with EU research programmes and/or drafting project proposals is desired.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in Greek and English.
The Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) is strongly committed to diversity within its community. ELIAMEP remains committed to equal opportunities in the evaluation and recruitment of its personnel, and it does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race or ethnic origin, religious and other convictions, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Applications should include a cover letter in English including a detailed statement of research interests, a CV, and the names and contact details of two potential referees. Please submit your application via email, titled “AC.EP_JRF”, to: email@example.com before May 31st, 2021. Selected candidates will be invited to online interviews.
The processing of information collected through job applications takes place in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 679/2016 of the European Union. In particular, personal data is subject to lawful processing in a transparent manner. The data are collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and are not processed in any way incompatible with the original purposes. By providing personal information, such as the “first and last name” and “email”, you agree and consent to the use and disclosure with the aim of receiving information about ELIAMEP’s activities.