ELIAMEP is preparing a study on the Assessment of the impact of policies funded by EU budget on the course of Greek economy.
The study’s main goals are the following:
- Validate important findings regarding the results and the implications of policies that were funded or co-funded by the EU during the course of previous programming periods.
- Describe and analyse parameters of the negotiation, as well as the Greek experience from each programming period.
- Provide a detailed presentation and analysis on the characteristics of the new EU programming period after 2013.
- Formulate substantial policy proposals, aiming at the optimal use of European financial resources at all stages (strategy, programming, implementation, etc).
The content of the study
The study focuses on policies financed or co-financed by the EU budget and most specifically:
- On development policy (infrastructures, human resources and productive investments), jointly funded by the Structural Funds, the Cohesion Fund and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) and
- On the Common Agricultural Policy (markets, prices and relevant measures) funded by the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund (EAGF).
Other EU policies, funded by the Community budget, will also be examined, albeit to a lesser extent: research and technology, education, trans-european networks, the environment, fisheries, public health and immigration policy. Finally, the implications of EU funding to candidate or potential candidate countries (Turkey and the Western Balkans) will be examined.
Outline of the study
The overall study is divided in three parts:
The first part (Study Α) includes an assessment of previous programming periods from 1988 until today (with an emphasis on the two most recent ones 2000-2006 & 2007-2013) and will include general and specific conclusions (according to each policy sector), resulting from the analysis of the assessments.
Coordinator of part A: Mr. George Glynos
Research Team: Tasos Bougas, Andreas Korakas, Walter Fissamber, Konstantinos Oikonomou, Ilias Giannakis, Epaminondas Evergetis.
The second part (Study B) initially includes an analysis and presentation of the parameters of the negotiation for the next programming period, focusing thereafter on the evaluation of the (potential) final result.
Coordinator of part B: Professor A. Mitsos
Research Team: George Andreou, Vassilis Avdikos, Ioannis Doukas, Artemis Kourtessis, Nikos Schmidt, Walter Fissamber, Charalambos Cryssomalidis. Also: Theodoros Aleksellis, Christis Konnaris and Christos Kouroussis.
The third part (Study C) will refer to the second and third phase of the negotiation, which will be covered by at least three working papers that will include additional conclusions and proposals. Study C will be completed with the processing of a Final Summary Report which will include all deliverables from Studies A, B and C, as well as an update of all conclusions and proposals.
Duration: April 2010 – December 2013
Project funded by: Τhe Bank of Greece