BRiDGE addresses the call Horizon 2020: “SwafS -26-2017: Science4Refugees-Support to highly skilled refugee scientists” targeting the challenge to enable refugee researchers (RRs) who have been granted an asylum related residence permit in a European country to continue their research career path and enter the labour market after the gap caused by their uprooting. BRiDGE is a two year project that started on April 1st, 2018. From South East Europe to its heart BRiDGE gives an all-in-one solution for the localized guidance of RRs in the European Research Area (ERA) and enables the 40 EURAXESS country members in the ERA to identify and utilize the potential of RRs across Europe.
Impact of BRiDGE
- The project will facilitate the efforts of the European Union to help RRs to settle into their host country of residence and prepare RRs for the highly competitive and highly skilled EU job market.
- The project outcomes will contribute to increasing RRs? employability and making use of the EURAXESS Portal, more specifically the Buddy System and Science4Refugees Initiative. The knowledge and experience to be gained, the methodologies to be developed will enable the future integration of RRs in the European Societies.
Visit the Project’s website
European Directory of Services for Researchers in Danger is available.
Coordinator: Bielefeld University (UNIBI), Germany – www.uni-bielefeld.de
- Eidgenoessische Technische Hochschule Zuerich (ETH Zürich), Switzerland – www.ethz.ch
- Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” (SU), Bulgaria – www.uni-sofia.bg
- Center for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH), Greece – www.certh.gr
- Turkiye Bilimsel Ve Teknolojik Arastirma Kurumu (TÜBITAK), Turkey – www.tubitak.gov.tr
- Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP), Greece – www.eliamep.gr
- Ethniko Kentro Koinonikon Erevnon (EKKE), Greece – www.ekke.gr