Ambassador Dimitrios Paraskevopoulos was born in Athens, Greece. He graduated from the Faculty of Law of the University of Athens.
In 1979 he entered the Greek Diplomatic Service and served initially as Embassy Attaché at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. During his career he served in the following missions:
- Secretary of Embassy – Counsellor of Embassy (Norway, Turkey, Netherlands), Service for Political Affairs – Thrace, Diplomatic Cabinet of the Foreign Minister (1981-1989)
- Plenipotentiary Minister, Director of the Diplomatic Cabinet of the Foreign Minister (2000)
- Ambassador in Moscow (2002-2005)
- Ambassador in Paris (2005-2009)
- Director of the Diplomatic Cabinet of the Prime Minister (2009-2012)
- Head of the Task Force for the organization of the Greek Presidency of the Council of the EU (2012-2013)
- Director General for Political Affairs (2013-2015)
- Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2015-2019)
Ambassador Paraskevopoulos was awarded the Grand Cross of the Greek Order of the Phoenix and has received decorations from Italy, France, Norway and the Patriarchate of Jerusalem.
He speaks English and French.