Pre-call for applications for “Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023”
The Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) invites pre-applications from researchers who wish to submit a high quality “Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023” (HORIZON-MSCA-2023-PF-01-01) proposal in the area of social sciences and humanities. However, priority will be given to the applications and research ideas that fit best with ELIAMEP’s existing research interests and orientations, and gain the support of at least one ELIAMEP Senior Researcher. The researchers are expected to spend 12-24 months at ELIAMEP.
This call offers two types of Fellowships:
- European Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to researchers of any nationality, either coming to Europe from any country in the world or moving within Europe, who wish to be hosted at ELIAMEP for 1-2 years.
- Global Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to European nationals or long-term residents who wish to move outside EU Member States and Horizon Europe Associated Countries. These fellowships require an outgoing phase of minimum 12 and maximum 24 months in a non-associated Third Country, and a mandatory 12-month return phase to a host organisation based in an EU Member State or a Horizon Europe Associated Country. ELIAMEP can host the researcher during the mandatory return phase.
Eligibility Criteria of Applicants Researchers:
- May be of any nationality
- Must have a PhD degree at the time of the call deadline (13 September 2023). Applicants who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also be considered eligible to apply. The successful defence must be unconditional (no further requirements/corrections that need to be addressed) and take place before the call deadline. Supporting documentation may be requested.
- Must have a maximum of eight (8) years full-time experience in research, from the date of the award of their PhD degree to the date of the call deadline. Years of experience outside research and career breaks will not count towards the above maximum, nor will years of experience in research in third countries, for nationals or long-term residents of EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries who wish to reintegrate to Europe.
- Should comply with mobility rules: must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Greece for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline.
- Proposals involving the same recruiting organisation (ELIAMEP) and individual researcher submitted to the previous call of MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships under Horizon Europe and having received a score of less than 70% must not be resubmitted the following year.
- Only one proposal per individual researcher can be submitted. In case of several proposals involving the same individual researcher, only the last submitted one will be considered eligible.
Please read carefully the eligibility conditions and criteria on the European Commission’s website for the call “Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions– Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023” which are available here.
ELIAMEP has an extensive and prestigious record of hosting international doctoral and postdoctoral fellows. Over the last years, it has served as the Host Institution of four Intra-European Marie Curie fellows, all of whom have made significant advances in their careers. ELIAMEP recently hosted the two-year project “MINORLEGMOB– Assessing the agency of national minorities through court cases: mapping legal mobilization patterns in CEE” which was concluded in October 2021 and funded by the 2018 call of the “Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship” Programme.
Interested researchers who wish to cooperate with ELIAMEP for the submission of their proposal should check that they fulfill the respective eligibility criteria and send an expression of interest to [email protected].
Expressions of Interest must include the following:
- A 2-page summary presentation of the research proposal;
- A short CV (maximum 2 pages);
- A short statement (maximum 1 page) on how the research proposal relates to ELIAMEP’s research interests; and
- Confirmation that the eligibility criteria are met.
Deadline to submit your application: 30 June 2023.
Proposals will be pre-selected on the basis of internal evaluation and the availability of suitable supervision. Candidates will be informed about the results of the pre-selection well before the call deadline. Following positive notification by ELIAMEP, the proposal to be submitted until the call deadline (13 September 2023) will be prepared jointly by the researcher and ELIAMEP.
* ELIAMEP is in full compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 679/2016), which its staff strictly applies in the collection and processing of personal data.
** ELIAMEP is committed to equal opportunities in the evaluation and recruitment of its personnel, and it does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race or ethnic origin, religious and other convictions, sexual orientation, age, or disability.