Τhe 18th Newsletter is out and in this latest issue you can read:
- An historic agreement by the July 21st European Council, major step towards fiscal integration.
- The European Parliament could demand a renegotiation of the agreement.
- The poorest countries need open borders by the advanced economies.
- EU success viz the US in tackling the crisis is reflected in the euro rise against the dollar.
- The southern Mediterranean countries have suffered heavily by the pandemic, making EU support absolutely necessary.
- EU must find new sources of tax revenue, own resources.
- The number of online job postings decreased dramatically between March and June, despite the partial reopening of economic activity in several OECD countries.
You can find the English version of the 18th Newsletter here.
Every Friday, the week’s newsletter will be posted on www.eliamep.gr and sent to those subscribed to ELIAMEP’s mailing list.