The aim of the training seminar
Participants will come to understand the importance of participatory design for the development of sustainable development projects, the prerequisites of participatory design and appropriate tools and techniques.
Representatives of civil society organizations from all over Greece participating in the ELIAMEP project “Civil Society Network in the Context of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals in Greece”.
Content of the training seminar
- Participatory design as the basic method for the formulation of development action plans aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- What are the levels of participatory design and what are the stages of the planning process.
- How a participatory design process is organised in practice – tools and methods.
- Challenges and how to address them.
- A good and a bad practice: one example from Laconia and one example from Belgium.
- Practical Application – working in groups: designing the participatory design process for a local development project.
- Evaluation of the training seminar.
Main trainer: Dr. Eugenia Vathakou, Research Associate, ELIAMEP; Collaborating Teaching Staff Member, Hellenic Open University (short bio here).
Zoom link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87578868793?pwd=NEhmeUUxUDdISEdEaWtseHhneXBsdz09
*Certificates of attendance will be issued.