Online training seminar: Advocacy & Lobbying for the Achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
The aim of the training seminar
The webinar participants will come to understand the importance of advocacy and lobbying as tools and processes for engaging citizens in decision-making and promoting their own positions on issues that concern them. They will also learn about the prerequisites and steps for designing effective advocacy and lobbying actions. Finally, examples of advocacy actions to promote the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will be presented.
Representatives of civil society organizations from all over Greece participating in the ELIAMEP project “Civil Society Network in the Context of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals in Greece”.
For registration requirements please see here.
Content of the training seminar
- Advocacy and lobbying as tools for participating in the decision-making process on important issues that concern us
- Prerequisites and steps for developing an advocacy plan
- Useful tools for developing an advocacy plan
- Challenges and how to address them
- Examples of advocacy and lobbying actions to promote Sustainable Development Goals
- Preparing the next stage of the project: contributing to the National Action Plans for the implementation of the objectives
- Evaluation of the training seminar
Main trainer: Dr. Eugenia Vathakou, Research Associate, ELIAMEP; Collaborating Teaching Staff Member, Hellenic Open University (short bio here)
Brief intervention: Dimitri A. Sotiropoulos, Senior Research fellow ELIAMEP; Professor of Political Science, University of Athens (short bio here)
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYtdemqpjMvH9VztVUptsOaRFbMWS5-vKV_
*Certificates of attendance will be issued.