ELIAMEP is looking for a Researcher to work on a project on Irregular Migration and Fundamental Rights, starting on 1 February 2010 and for 10 months, until 30 November 2010.
The position is part time and the salary is competitive and will depend upon the successful candidate’s qualifications.
• PhD or equivalent research experience
• Research experience in conducting interviews with immigrant populations.
• Computer and internet literacy, including knowledge of Excel software
• Fluent English written and oral, fluent Greek.
• Other languages an asset, including in particular Albanian or Russian
• Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for the social sciences
• Ability to work both in a team and independently.
• Previous experience in EU research projects.
• Doing the day to day organisational work of the project
• Κeeping correspondence with coordinator, with team leader (Anna Triandafyllidou) and with Researcher (Thanos Maroukis)
• Κeeping correspondence and overseeing the work of interviewers to be recruited in 9 EU countries doing qualitative interviews on irregular migrants employed in domestic work
• Preparing contracts for subcontracting interviewers and following up their delivering their interviews, quality check of interviews
• Analysing the data of an EU wide questionnaire on irregular migrants and their conditions of employment (in cooperation with Thanos Maroukis)
• Drafting a report on the above topic (in cooperation with Thanos Maroukis and under the supervision of Anna Triandafyllidou)
• Conducting up to 15 interviews with irregular migrants employed in domestic work in Greece
• Transcribing these interviews
• Analysing the interviews on 10 EU countries on domestic work in cooperation with Thanos Maroukis and Anna Triandafyllidou
• Any other small tasks arising within the context of the project.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 4 December 2009
Applications should include detailed curriculum vitae and one sample of written work, preferably in English, a short motivation letter and the name of one referee.
Applications should be addressed:
• by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Oral interviews with pre-selected applicants will be conducted on