ELIAMEP is looking for a Research Assistant to participate in an ELIAMEP research project on European and national identity construction programmes and approaches to modernity in Europe.
The position is part time and the successful candidate should be prepared to start by 1st March 2010 for an initial period of six months, renewable.
• MA in a related field of study (studies in nationalism, European identity, EU studies, sociology and history). PhD will be an asset. Advanced PhD students are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Fluency in Greek and English, other languages an asset.
• Computer and internet literacy, including knowledge of Excel software
• Prior research experience
• Experience of working as part of a multinational team or/and experience in project management will be appreciated.
• Participation in the conduction of fieldwork (i.e. collection of printed materials, bibliographical research, conduction of interviews, etc)
• Writing of academic reports
• Editing responsibilities
• Project management tasks (book keeping of project accounts, organisation of project meetings and events, website update, etc)
For more information about the research project see: http://www.eliamep.gr/en/ime-identities-and-modernities-in-europe/
Deadline for applications: 12 February 2010
Interested applicants should send a cover letter explaining their interest in this position, their CV and preferably a sample publication (academic essay or article) in Greek or English to email@example.com by Friday 12 February 2010.