The position is full-time, starting on 1 September 2010.
ELIAMEP is looking for a postdoctoral fellow specializing in International Relations or European Integration. The fellow will contribute to the planning and implementation of new research goals and programmes in his/her sector, as well as to the strengthening of cooperation with other research institutes. He/she should also have the ability to convert academic theoretical knowledge into concrete policy proposals.
The fellowship is available as of 1 September 2010, for an initial period of one year, renewable.
Candidates should fulfil the following qualifications:
- PhD; Applications from PhD candidates at the final stage of their research will be considered in special cases.
- Thorough knowledge of the contemporary bibliography and developments on the main issues of his/her sector of specialization.
- Experience in conducting research and/or in project management is considered very important.
- Ability to write academic reports and policy proposals, to coordinate working groups and to participate in international networks and conferences.
- Fluency in Greek and English, written and oral. Knowledge of other languages will be considered an asset.
- Computer and Internet literacy
- Greek nationality
- Age: up to 32 years
DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 28 May 2010
Applications should include a curriculum vitae of the candidate, samples of written work, a concise research plan proposal, a short motivation letter and the names of two referees.
Applications and requests for further information should be addressed to:
• email@example.com , or
• ELIAMEP, 49 Vasilissis Sofias, 106 76 Athens (To the attention of Ms. Nina Papaioannou)