ELIAMEP is looking for a Researcher to join ELIAMEP’s migration research team with a specialty on irregular and transit migration.
The appointment is full time and requires a regular presence at the office.
The successful candidate should be prepared to start on 1 December 2012. The appointment will be for a six-month probation period initially, renewable then for 2 years.
• PhD in a related field of study (sociology, politics, social policy or history) is required.
• Experience of working in international research projects is an asset.
• Fluency in Greek and English, other languages an asset.
• Full literacy of standard software packages and internet.
• Experience in conducting field research will be appreciated.
• Experience in project management will be appreciated.
• Conducting empirical research (not only collection of secondary data or bibliographical resources but also conducting interviews or focus groups)
• Writing scholarly publications/academic reports as well as policy papers/notes.
• Networking with migrant organizations, civil society actors etc
• Project management tasks (book keeping of project accounts, organisation of project meetings and events, website update, etc)
Deadline for applications: 15 November 2012
Interested applicants should send a cover letter explaining their interest in this position, their CV and two sample publications (academic essay or article) in Greek or English to email@example.com by 14 November 2012.