Every Friday, ELIAMEP’s Greek & European Economy Observatory publishes a summary of European and international economic developments on the coronavirus front. In the 8th Newsletter you will find:
- The world economy is sinking into the worst recession of the last 70 years.
- The industrial production of EU member states and the Eurozone is rapidly declining.
- 100 million Europeans might not have the means to survive two months without income, with those born outside of the EU at even greater risk.
- The impact of COVID-19 crisis is likely to affect deeply only a few countries and the most vulnerable populations, especially low-wage workers in poor working conditions, women and young workers.
- Der Spiegel praises the security measures taken by both Greece and Portugal and estimates that the two countries will have a high influx of tourists.
You can find the English version of the 8th Newsletter here.
Every Friday, the week’s newsletter will be posted on www.eliamep.gr and sent to those subscribed to ELIAMEP’s newsletter.