Τhe 17th Newsletter is out and in this latest issue you can read:
- If the Recovery Fund is adopted, the EU will become the biggest supranational issuer in the world.
- Total actual hours worked dropped sharply during the first quarter of 2020, but have not yet reached the low values observed during the eurozone crisis.
- The European Union has become Ukraine’s biggest trading partner, while China is poised to overtake Russia as its second.
- European Banks face significant losses due to the pandemic.
- Apple’s acquittal by the European Court of Justice makes it difficult for the Commission to fight tax competition in the EU.
- The recent presidential elections in Poland have highlighted a divided society, further complicating the country’s role in the EU.
You can find the English version of the 17th Newsletter here.
Every Friday, the week’s newsletter will be posted on www.eliamep.gr and sent to those subscribed to ELIAMEP’s mailing list.