The new book The Unhappy State of the Union: Europe Needs a New Grand Bargain  authored by President of ELIAMEP Professor Loukas Tsoukalis has been published by Policy Network. In this Policy Network pamphlet, Loukas Tsoukalis presents the case for a new grand bargain to rescue the European project. Written by an author who uniquely bridges the gap between academic analysis, policy and politics, the publication presents a critical overview of where the EU stands on the eve of its crucial parliamentary elections, how it got there and what is to be done to turn around the unhappy and precarious state of the Union. The pamphlet is published in partnership with 5 other major European think tanks: Notre Europe  (France), Bertelsmann Stiftung  (Germany), ELIAMEP  (Greece), Istituto Affari Internazionali  (Italy), demosEuropa  and Elcano Royal Institute  (Spain). Translated versions have been pubished in French , Spanish , Greek , Polish  and German .
Author: Loukas Tsoukalis
- The Unhappy State of the Union: Europe Needs a New Grand Bargain 
- El Triste Estado de la Unión. Europa Necesita un Nuevo Gran Pacto 
- Le Triste État de l’Union: L’Europe a Besoin d’un Nouveau Grand Accord 
- Der traurige Zustand der Union: Europa braucht einen »Großen Konsens« 
- Niedoskonała Unia. O potrzebie nowego kontraktu dla Europy